Saturday, March 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Before Fall Camp



      It is ironic that today is World MSA Day and my sister was coming to help take care of me. Since MSA has struck I can see the steady decline. We got the extra bedroom ready after all this going to be a haven, a place to read, watch TV; a place considered her      

     I expected it to be very difficult to see her for lots of reasons.  I  was not  only admitting that I needed help with some of the things that we take for granted everyday but she has her own kids and grand-kids that I felt they were missing out on this time.  It always amazes me how one person (me) , how one person can  affect so many lives.

     So I thought if we go to Cape Breton for three weeks there will be lots of help.  I thought this was a good way to get used to my quirks.  I not only told them that we would be there for three weeks.  I also gave them heads up of the progression of the MSA.  
I did not want any my sister’s or brother’s to pick us up at the airport because I knew I would cry, because i would not  be walking off  the plane.  So I arranged for our nephew to pick us up.  I guess I did not want them to see them me wheeled in.
                      
Before leaving for Fall Camp in Cape Breton my kids wanted to make Thanksgiving Dinner. They a fabulous dinner all from scratch, it was a great  traditional dinner. I gave them full rang of the kitchen, and gave them all nicknames. So our son-in-law became “The Baconator”,our son  became, “The Stuffin Boy”, and our daughter,  '"The Queen of Spices”.

     


 We had a great dinner, board games   and a great meal and most importantly family time! We have lots to be thankful for. 

1 comment:

  1. very good cooks, they learned from the best

    ReplyDelete