Friday, March 8, 2013

Our 27th Anniversary


     On this day 27 years ago, I married my soul mate, my friend and my knight in shining armour. Hunny is still all these things to me and more.  MSA has changed our plans but, has not broken our will. We refer to it as the, “New Normal”. We both would do it all again.

     


You see we met on a blind date; we dated 3 months, then married. We grew up together and grew in our friendship together. I knew I could depend on him.


                    
We had two children that grew to be two beautiful adults.  We had our children at young age.  We all grew together!  

  
   I am afraid of choking due to the laryngospasms and my deteriorating esophagus therefore, I did not to want to go to a restaurant.  So instead, we had a picnic in the living room. This might seem easy but, it requires a lot of planning.  I appreciate all the effort that went in to this picnic.  Since the MSA had advanced, I could not help. So, Hunny got all the food that I could still swallow without choking, and a “lapkin” (this is usually a tea towel spread on my lap) for me. We got some nice champagne to go with cake. We had a worry-free evening.

     We know MSA has changed our future but,it hasn’t changed our past and all we have shared; not even MSA can take this away.

     Oh Yes, I forgot to mention that Hunny got tickets for my sister and I to visit our home town in Cape Breton.  Fall camp here we come!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a very special time remembering what brought you together in the first place and what has held you together all these years. Mark & I will also celebrate 27 years of marriage later this month - - always amazed to find people with so much in common! Cheers to you!!! Dawn Koenig

    ReplyDelete
  2. fall camp was so special sis, the traveling around the island , the colors of fall, the stories,laughter and tears and your right memories that nothing can diminish xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know I'm a little late but Happy Late Anniversary !!! I hate the thought of choking too, but I know it's going to happen. It seem like you have it all together, but deep down inside I'm still afraid even though I try not to show it. I keep praying for all of us with MSA and others that are stricken with any type of disease. How far along do you think you might be with MSA?

    ReplyDelete