Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fall Camp Begins


     Today we starting “Fall Camp”, we will be gone for three whole weeks.  With husband in the military this is something you get use to quickly is them leaving, but it will be  a big difference this time because I am the one leaving  my family and with MSA three weeks can be along time.

     When Hunny made our reservations he knew how important it would be for me to have extra seating as well as well as legroom.  We were lucky because   Hunny booked us first class and a direct flight. We had to fly west to Toronto, but this is the only way to get directly to Sydney. They sure do not want to take any chances with Security, so they really gave me the once over. My daughter made me a bag to put my catheter in; it looked like I just had a bag on my lap. So of course Security asked what was in there and it they had to scan it again, I took this as a compliment. They took me to the airplane in an aisle seat. The chair they used to transport handicap patrons.   I was terrified.   I felt like I was on a child’s chair that was going to break at any moment and I was strapped in it.


    Our nephew picked us up at the airport this made it so much easier on me. t was also late so this gave us time to adjust.  I would rather they come see me, than arriving to a bunch of people. Everyone respected my wishes no  questions  asked.
     
        When we got to my sister’s I knew it would be hard to see her and her to see me get out of the car and in the house. It was only a month I saw but we all know that in the MSA world a lot can happen in a month. Once in mostly everything is on one floor. There is one step between the bathroom and the bedroom, but I guess my brother made a ramp to take care of this concern for me, another sister had gotten a walker for me, the sister I was staying with asked her friend to ask him to make me a bed buddy.   No, this is not a man, this is an apparatus that helps me in and out of bed All this attention for one person, me!!!     

     Everyone had a magical part in this wonderful visit which I will share over the next few weeks.
Now was time to get a few hours shut eye before  the fun  begins!!






No comments:

Post a Comment