Friday, January 25, 2013

Alone



 
                                                    
     
      Well another month has gone by. When you know about how much you have in front of you, you cherish every moment. I often feel I have so much to do that there are not enough hours in the day. When you have a disease like MSA every second counts.

    Fortunately for us I have a very large family, who I get along with. They are always coming to see us, or phoning to see how we are managing, or me going there.  We have lots of friends some new and some old. Some I met because of MSA, some that I had before MSA and some we lost because of MSA.

     One of my nieces stopped by to visit. This is the second time she was able to come for the night.  We had a nice walk and talk. I was able to reintroduce her to a mutual friend whom I see on a regular basis.  
  I showed her one of my favourite spots to sit. So with wheel chair and her and I, went to the courtyard and sat. We do live in a beautiful area. This courtyard has two churches here and a lovely garden, which Hunny was able to catch on camera. This niece is not much younger and we have always been close.  I see the sadness in her eyes when she sees how the MSA is taking over and I know she is being strong not only for her but especially me!

     We have friends we met on one our postings in 1996 and we are still friends today.  Whenever they are in town they make sure to see us.   She also phones regularly.  I know how hard it is to see me having trouble getting around and since I saw them it was without a catheter.

     Can you imagine not only finding out you have a rare disease like MSA, which has no cure, but it also feels like you are slowly loosing control of not only your body bit by bit but also your relationships. Some of the stories I have heard and seen have left me disheartened. When people need their love one’s most they seem to have abandoned them.  

      

     They say this is a lonely disease but thankfully my circumstances are different, because of family and friends l will never have to worry about bring alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment