Friday, January 11, 2013

The Move


       Hunny took a week off to break up summer but also for us to have some time together.We took lots of walks, went for coffees. We could not go very far because, I have been having a lot of bladder problems. It is one of the major symptoms of MSA, not emptying the bladder. I have had eight or nine infections, so that means they want me to see an urologist.

       I was pretty upset because try as I might to change things, MSA had different plans for me. We went to see Dr. Roberts about the bladder issue. He recommended a catheter, which shouldn’t surprise me, because most MSA patients have one. But I cried anyway! Little by little I was loosing control of me, and there is nothing I can do. I cried for me, for our children, but most importantly about us!

      Of course I will not let my kids see this side or that I feel like an alien, or my friends for that matter. I will be as brave as I can.

       It seems our boy found a house that he liked, so he will go to Kingston to put an offer. What a great experience for him. The negotiating I never did like, but I still think it is another life lesson he will learn before MSA takes over my life. This offer he put oh the house fell through but he was lucky and found another house. So he took this experience and applied it to the offer he was about to put forward. He got the house!


 
    
      We drove to Kingston because I wanted to see the neighborhood our son would be living in. We took a walk around so we could visualize the place and also too see his house; well at least on the outside because the house was empty. 




     We went back when he moved in, and took lots of pictures and opened a bottle of champagne. We celebrated that our boy had his first home. The pride he had showing his parents his house.














It is quite possible with the MSA I might not be here for the next move.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Brenda, stay strong, lots of love and hugs Sam, Andy and Rhanna
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brenda, thank you for your informative blogs. I agree that giving up control to MSA is not an easy thing to do. It takes more and more leaving us and our families to constantly adjust to less. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete