Friday, January 18, 2013

People that Cross Our Paths


     Did you ever wonder why people  cross our path?  Before MSA I did not realize importance of this, at least not in the same way. There have been friends that have come and gone,and some because of my sickness. Some times you have that special friendship where years go by and you can pick up where you left off.  I am going to share a story which will validate my point. 


     We were posted to Alaska for four years. There was a family we became close to. We would go camping and fishing with this family. Then one summer it was also posting season and both our families were sent to Angus,luckily.  Since our kids got along so well and us parents got along , I said I would babysit while the parents worked.  Our families spent a lot of time together . Then three years later we parted ways because of postings.  When our son first went to Royal Military College, Kingston it made us feel good knowing they were there.   This made me feel good that our boy knew someone there, we dropped in to see them. This was before I was diagnosed with MSA. We shared some stories and fond memories.

   





      Again our son got posted as they did, so we went our separate ways. Our son recently got posted to Kingston and bought a home.  We learned one street over this family lives and when their son graduates also wants go to RMC.  For our son who is completing his Masters at RMC, and he will teach for three years.  So once I babysat this young boy and now my son will probably teach this youngster at RMC.

     This next story is  to remind us of that our Guardian Angels are all around but just need to pause and look closer and just do not pass it off to coincidence.  
     One time while working downtown, for about a week I saw this woman on crutches and with one leg.  This of course would make me think of my own mother who has passed on. My mother had one leg and churches but it is so odd to see now of days. My mother had also 13 children with one leg, crutches and no running water. Even though she had a hard life, there is something very important my mom taught us. To be resourceful, resilient and never give up.  My mother would say no matter how tough things were going to be, rely on the people who love you and dry your tears and continue on, seeing this woman reminded me of my mom but thinking of my mom made me remember this, which I often tap into with MSA.


 We have to remember people and thoughts of people enter our lives for different reasons. Sometimes it is to teach us but sometimes it is to teach them!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brenda
    Your stength and courage are humbling.
    Friends and family are indeed the blessings of our lives.
    I have had the pleasure of meeting your son through my daughter Suzie. You must be so proud of him. He is a tribute to the care and love you have given him.
    Warm wishes to you everyday
    Jane

    ReplyDelete