Friday, February 22, 2013

Quebec in September


       To make summer more interesting for me Hunny took a week each month. We went drives, walks, grabbed coffee and just hung out together.

     We were going for a visit to Quebec, my favorite city in the country.  I was nervous at the same time even though I was anxious to see everyone, this is my first with the catheter, and my speech and swallowing had gotten much worse.  There is always the chance of choking. Plus Hunny has too cut my food like a baby. I surprise myself sometimes how I can put these feelings aside and focus in the moment, but that is what you have to do with MSA, you cannot plan for the future, as my blog says,

     We spent a few days with Hunny’s mom. This is the first time we saw her since her surgery. She is healing quite nicely, although she seems to think it is slow, it is open-heart surgery after all.
      
      We also took a ride to l'ile d'orlean. We had not been here in a few years. We took the 1 km bridge over the St. Lawrence to the 5km Island of six small towns.  There are around 7000 people spread over this quaint island.  We did some sight seeing I even had Hunny run up a tower to take picture.

        

     The first time we went there over 26 years plus, we ad stopped this chip truck which was still there, needless to say on the way off this island we stopped again. We had a great day. We return to his mom’s with a full tummy, color on our cheeks and a smile on our face.


  

   
     

     The next day we wet to see his dad.  It was the first time seeing them with me in a wheel chair and also a catheter.  We had a nice visit.


   
    
   We got too all his bother’s, sister, mom, most of the niece’s and nephews, and his dad.  I was very glad of this, because we know life holds many surprises for us. The next visit I will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment