Friday, February 8, 2013

The Hot Air Balloon Festival


  




     Today we are going to see the  Hot Air Balloon Festival. I have always looked in the air to see beauties flying by, I love term and could watch them for hours but never had a desire to go up in one. Until MSA heights, were the scariest thing for me but now there is so much more to be scared of. You know and want life to go on, but it is what I will loose along the way.

    Every year they have they have this hot air balloon festival, but this year we decided to go. We picked a beautiful day to go.  I got in new chariot on wheels; on the inside I hated not being able to walk on my own because of this MSA.

 The place was huge and very hilly and rolling. At times I was terrified that my chariot was going to fall over. When we got on the grounds the first thing we saw was a woman on stilts.  That is what my legs feel like some times, like they are stilts and my knees do not want to bend.

       I was still eating normal food, so we had a snack, some homemade chips and drinks it tasted good. The MSA was still causing swallowing issues, but when I am very careful I usually do not have problems.
                                                
  We saw lots of rides, a live bands but something that struck me as odd. The main performance was going to be starting that evening even though this event was not starting for at least 8 more hours people came early parked there lawn chairs and there were lines and lines of empty chairs and everyone was respectful of their position. They knew if they wanted a better view they should have gotten there earlier. But we were not there for the rides or the main act.



     We went to the field where the hot air balloons were taking off.  They arrived in vehicles, which looked like there were horses in them.  They did not know if were going to let them go up because of the wind. The balloons did not go up all weekend but we were hoping this was not the case today.  Then there was a big cheer from the spectators the balloons had gotten the green flag to go up.
                                               

 


     Within all of ten minutes the fields were full of balloons, color and life. There was so much excitement. I loved every minute of it.



 There was a special balloon for me, one with a big dragonfly, which told me not to give up hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment