Friday, December 28, 2012

Celebrating Birthdays




     Since our son was away for his birthday and his dad’s is the end of the same month we decided to celebrate them together and have the family over for a celebration.  Hunny would have to cook his own birthday dinner and the Boy’s, which would be Mexican. Before the MSA I would do the cooking and celebrating, I still like celebrating but now I cannot cook, or clean or decorate.

     Of course every week there is not a celebration, but I figure there is enough negativity with the MSA. The tears, frustration, doubt, loss of dignity and pride, physical stamina, and dreams we both had, so I choose to focus on the positive things and this celebration is positive. Like this blogs says, “One Day at a Time”.

     Twenty-seven years ago Hunny sold his fancy electric guitar to buy my engagement ring, so this birthday we got him a nice electric guitar.  The electric guitar was special to me too, the first time to get my engagement ring and now because of the MSA I wanted Hunny, to get a hobby besides me, and the guitar was perfect for this.



     Hunny’s kids got him stuff for his other hobby, his guitar. Stuff I did not know existed. I was very excited for him; just knowing Hunny had another passion in his life!


      For our son we wanted his birthday to be memorable also, after all he has been a quarter of a century.  We gave him 25 things of 25 like 25 paper clips, 25 pennies, 25 sparklers, 25 pens and things like this.  It was unique and memorable. We also decided to decorate our son’s bathroom in teal and his sister got him some accessories.



     
     My sister are her friend were still visiting from Cape Breton and the Grand children were visiting my other sister, so they all came over to help us celebrate.  Sometimes things work out better when there is no plan. This was one of these times. We had enough food for everyone, a lot of laughs and a good celebration.

     Sometimes in life we feel like we are not prepared but if we just make the best of it, Life is easier to handle!

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift Bren..... I love that you did that for Alain and that it also meant a whole lot to you!! Hope you and the whole family had a great Christmas! Love you xoxoxox Stacey

    ReplyDelete