Friday, July 27, 2012

Love Is In The Air

      It has been a year that we are in the Condo and sold our house. Although, I miss the house, and not for the reasons you may think. Like I said, we were in the military and moved a lot. Each place we bought a house, it would feel we just would get it the way we want and we had to go. Well, this house was done, so many memories, that I want to stay but I know I have to go. Just to think, I will never live in a house again or go in my backyard. We decided this before MSA decided for me.  
    
     With this diagnoses of MSA, you are not only mourning the physical changes of your body but also the physical changes if your life.  I don’t think people realize how much effort goes into everything now. When I went home to Winter Camp, I flew. Now, the average person thinks great she is flying. But, I had to make sure I didn’t choke, because if I choke in the plane where would I go? Plus, if I have to the bathroom it is going to be challenging. For sure I can use the seats as a crutch, but do not forget there are people in these seats. So I didn’t eat or drink going or coming. Each week, there is a plane trip somewhere.


   People think this is a new disease when in fact the first was discovered in 1960. It was referred to as Shy-Drager. But there is little known about MSA or was because people refer to the wrong name or compare to a disease they know, like Parkinson. You can have symptoms and it is related to Parkinson but, the medication does not always work on MSA patients. MSA is more rapid and effects all your autonomic muscles like balance, bladder and swallowing are the three major symptoms


     The only organization in Ottawa that recognizes MSA is the Parkinson Society of Ottawa, they have a great pamphlet on MSA. We have a Team registered for Superwalk called Brenda’s Journey. I feel it important to raise awareness and educate the people about MSA. We have to be on people’s mind for a cure is to be found, and what better exposure!

     What a better way to spend Valentines than with the people you love and who love you....  your family! So on the way back from Quebec, we stopped at my sister’s for Valentine's. There were 12 of us for dinner. Not only did her and her husband make a wonderful meal but also they thought of everything. I was sitting at the end, I was close to the facilities and surrounded by love. What more could a girl want!

    
 My Grandniece and nephew helped, they took orders from the menu, served and delivered the food. What great helpers. Did ever notice children are unbiased and assumption free? Why can’t adults be like this?  We had prime rib, baby carrots and turnip,and for dessert we had brownies. It was all-fresh and heart shaped. My sister and her husband did amazing job. From the main meal to the dessert, everything was so good!

                                              Love is definitely in the air!

1 comment:

  1. Magnificent site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to
    several friends ans additionally sharing in
    delicious. And naturally, thanks in your sweat!
    My page :: How to find an accredited doctor

    ReplyDelete