Friday, May 24, 2013

Fall Camp - Baddeck


On this portion of the trip, I was with the baby of the family and the oldest.  My baby sister took the day off and drove us to Kelly’s Mountain.


Along the way, we took pictures of the Giant Angus MacAskill’s grave. 


We took the Englishtown ferry and took pictures on the other side.  The leaves were beautiful.



We then drove to Baddeck. We had lunch at the Bell Buoy. It was so good. When we got the menu, the first thing I saw was the lobster salad on a sandwich with chowder. When I saw it, it reminded me of a story my Hunny likes to tell. Once when we were on vacation, about five years ago, we were at a sandwich chain store and they had a lobster sandwich on the menu. Hunny suggested we get it, but I did not want to spend 20 bucks on it, even though we were on vacation. I think I will never live this down. Needless to day, when I saw the lobster salad on the menu, I felt that I had to have it. I ordered it, and when it arrived, I took a picture and sent it to Hunny. We had a good laugh. The sandwich was on homemade oatmeal bread and there was so much lobster! There was also seafood chowder, blueberry pie and ice cream. What a treat!


It was shortly after this that I received an email from one of my sisters in Ottawa. She told me that she entered me into the Empire Theatres contest called “The Incredible You” to bring awareness to MSA. I had been chosen as a possible winner. This was great news.





This was a lovely way to spend the day. 








2 comments:

  1. Sisters are friends for life. I don't have one - but it sure seems that way when I read your blog. That's a beautiful thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most relaxing days I can remember in a long time. I think I will do it each year around the same time. The leaves were perfect and it was nice just stopping to take pictures of anything we wanted without having to worry about time, kids, cleaning or work.

    There were lots of great conversations and laughs...Love you both

    ReplyDelete