Friday, October 26, 2012

A Father to Celebrate


     It was Father’s Day and I wanted it to be a special day not only because it was Father’s day but because I had chosen a great guy to be the father of my kids, instead of just of one day dedicated to him I wanted the weekend.
    Not only has he been a fantastic Dad over the years but he has been the kid’s and my hero. We have had many postings over the years and lived many places, but no matter where we lived or what job their dad had, they could always rely on his honesty, integrity, dependably and fairness. Over the years the kids and I could always count on their dad to do the right thing.  This love has been our glue!

      I was worried when diagnosed with MSA about ending up alone, not by anything Hunny said or did but because MSA is referred to a lonely disease and I know why.  When diagnosed with MSA it is not only changes the person diagnosed but loved ones as well. I think even though we may not like the answer it is important to ask the hard questions and do not assume. I do not want us to be together because it is the right thing to do; I wanted us to be together because even though I was sick with MSA we want to be together. When I asked this question Hunny reminded me of something I must remember, “Look at you through my eyes”. This is hard for me.
     I think it is good for the kids to know and see how we treat someone we love when they are sick. So I tell them how their father does manicures, pedicures, dyes, combs my hair, and helps me get in and out of chairs. Hunny is always there no matter what I need, this is good for his children to see.

    The kids came over and we had Mexican for dinner. I told Hunny he had to get a hobby besides me, so I got him a guitar for Father’s Day. Jessica got her dad a cup that said, “I am your father”, we got a charge out of this. The kids got guitar trinkets and a bottle of his favorite scotch for their dad he was pleasantly surprised. After dinner we played a game and had some family time. 
     The next day we went for a long walk. I should say Hunny pushed me in my chair (Rollin) along the way we stopped to have a coffee at Starbuck’s, when we got back we split a beer on the patio. That night we watched a movie Journey to Mysterious Island.




 We had a great weekend and lots of the things I cherish, family time and Hunny time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda & Alain. It's always inspiring to read your blog. You both show such love, determination and fortitude. What a blessing you are to your readers. God loves you and so do we.
    Rosemary - your old neighbor from Musgrove St in Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete