Friday, October 19, 2012

Family Picture


       I wanted to get a family portrait done not only to have a memory of time but also I wanted a current picture of my pride and joy....My Family. For Christmas last year I was given a gift certificate to have this done. I wanted to wait until there was greenery and life, so we waited until June.
     My Hunny and I would walk along the river often, at this time I was walking at least two kilometers with my walker. My friend would come over and we would go for a walk along the river. I could not be trusted to go out by myself anymore. To get out of our apartment I have to bring my walker as close to the door as possible, open the door and get between the door and my walker, then I have to inch my walker and myself sideways while pressing my back against the door and holding the door frame I get out.  To go to the gym or the mail, this is what I do. Needless to say if Hunny does not get a chance or my friend to take me out I do not go far. Not only do not I not go outside alone I cannot even go on the patio alone, or open a window because just cranking this will be enough to throw my balance off.  This is how MSA can affect your balance.   
     My daughter had arranged the photographer who  took her pictures, Love Bunny Photography to come do our family portrait. We decided to go on Bates Island. This is near the river where we go walking often and we can take some of the condo in the background.  We had lots of shots taken, some with Hunny and me, me and my kids and some family shots. I was so very happy with the way Christine took the pictures she was able to capture on camera the happiness we feel as a family.

     For the family picture I had lots of help so I was able to use my walker. We took a family picture of us all walking together. It looks like I am walking by myself because I have my arms linked threw my sons and husbands. There is also a family shot where Hunny and I are sitting on a rock, before the MSA hit. This might not seem like a big deal but to me it is. My legs cannot push my body up any longer, so it is hard to believe and think this will probably be the last time I will be sitting anywhere by myself. One of the symptoms I have due to MSA is my legs have a problem supporting me.

     After Love Bunny Photography took our photos we took the kids for brunch. We went to Rockn' Johnny’s for a lunch. We just finished ordering and sat down to eat and I took my first bite when I started having swallowing issues. I started coughing which caused a spasm in my throat and the esophagus gets tired and does not work the way it should. I was having breathing issues and I could feel the blackness all around me like I was going to pass out. It is like I have a Charlie horse at the back my throat and I have to remember that I can breathe through my nose. Usually Hunny helps me relax and to breathe but this is hard to do, when you’re not getting air. Luckily I did not have to go hospital but that put an end to me wanting to go to the restaurant or eating out in public  just in case I choke. I did not want to ruin the moment so acted like it did not bother me. I did not eat anything else while I sat while everyone finished their meal but you can be sure this made me think how long before MSA would take swallowing all together. Until then as a family we would have meals together.
As I have read we start and end with family!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment