Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Anniversary


     September was our 26th anniversary.  We kept it low key; I could not help but reflect to just one year ago...  how this MSA has changed everything.It is more than a diagnosis. all those plans and dreams have changed. 
To think, we were finally at a time in our lives where our kids were grown, doing well and on their own and we were young and could start doing things we had planned.
  
    Another milestone, around the same time (while waiting for diagnosis), was our 25th Anniversary.   Leading up to this day, my husband did something special for 25 consecutive days. 
     We were planning on going hiking around Scotland and visiting Romania for our 25th.  That was where my parents were from…but I guess that is not going to happen now.
     Our kids decided to have a party for us. They had our family who lived in the area and some friends.  We have always liked to keep things low key, so it was small and intimate.   

     I still had not been diagnosed with MSA when our children had the party, but the signs were there. I remember my balance being so affected that I just had water to drink because I did not want anyone to think I was drunk. I even kept changing my shoes to make sure they were flat as possible. I kept loosing my balance and falling against the wall. I knew I had to manage to keep it all together for our children and for this occasion.  

     We were remodeling the guest bathroom on the main floor so I left a pen for people to sign the wall. Very ghetto but fun, we knew we would be painting over it.

     Our children did a wonderful job and their speeches brought tears to my eyes, so very hard not to burst out crying. They had spoke of how wonderful it is to see so much love all through their growing. We are so lucky we decided to have children right away. We got to spend so very much with them.
  We  sat and watch the slide show our children had made for us.
 So many memories gone but so many still to come!

2 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy Bren...... I remember that party, that day, like it was yesterday....and I remember so many people focusing on my accident and how I was doing and my ankles and how I had to sit a lot during your party all the while not knowing what you would face very soon. Seems so surreal. So wrong and I'll never stop hoping and praying they were wrong in your diagnosis or at the very least we can find a cure before you have gotten too far gone. I remember being so very concerned about you though. It was so obvious you were struggling. I love you so much and pray for you every single day. You and Alain are a true inspiration of love and hope for Mike and I to have that kind of never ending love for one another. You are a treasure to me, to both of us. Know I am always thinking of you sweet girl xoxoxox Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love all these years and still there for many more to come. Love you both sis.

    ReplyDelete