Friday, April 6, 2012

My Pot of Gold


     Everyone has heard the expression, “Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow”. Well, I am one of the lucky few that has found hers. My rainbow is all the love that surrounds me and protects me, and my pot of gold is all the treasures I have received in the from people: things in the mail, books and memories that bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart... flowers, cards, old and new friends...


     I must have done something right because I have so much love and good fortune. Or, maybe the expression, “paying it forward” is true; we never know when we might have to collect on that. I grew up very poor but I did not let that stop me from knowing in my heart what was right and wrong. I always was good to people, friendly and helpful.



     I was raised as a Catholic and although I do not practice the way some do or suggest, I still am a woman of faith. I have not discussed this with anyone, but have received many religious items. This just reminds me that I have a lot of people praying for me, and that there is power in prayer.  I have received holy water for my prayers. I have my mother’s scapular that she had sent to her sister; my cousin mailed it back to me. One sister gave me the prayer beads I remember growing up seeing in my mother’s bedroom, so that brings comfort because I have them where I can see them, I think of her daily, and how can thinking of your mom not be a good thing. 

     I have received praying stones that we did a cleansing ceremony and recharged with good energy, so even if you do not believe in this, how can doing something positive with a loved one not be good. I also received Oracle cards of the Saints, which I read everyday, being mindful  of the wisdom that is written on these cards.

    My family and a few friends know I love dragonflies. I also have one tattooed on my front hip. To me they are spiritual.  So, now every time these people see a dragonfly they think of me. This was proven in November when I went to the mail and this friend who I have not seen in eight years sent me a beautiful pendant of a dragonfly and letter comparing the traits of a dragonfly to me. So much thought went into this letter it brought tears to my eyes. My family has bought me many dragonflies, so, I therefore I know I will never be forgotten.

    I have received books (diet I wanted to try) and met a few authors which we would have no reasons to cross paths except we all have MSA. I have been sent a Guardian Angel Bear to watch over me, sent by someone not have had the privledgde to meet yet. I appreciate its meaning and job!

    I have made some incredible friends online due to MSA.  Some are caregivers, some are people with MSA, some are the ones left behind because their loved one lost their battle with MSA. I have been sent MSA braclets, that I could share... it all it reminds me that MSA does not discriminate. So cherish your Pot of Gold. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful just like you Love ya sis xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your message of faith Brenda,.

    Bonnie Bereskin

    ReplyDelete