Friday, March 16, 2012

The "US" Week

     We had vacation plans for late in August but this seemed so far off to me so, Hunny took a week off. During this week we decided to play local tourist.
 The first day off we sat on the patio and had a cup of coffee and went to the gym.  Remember how I said in the last blog “look a little closer”, well this is one of those times.  Sitting with a loved one and appreciating the company of that person.



     We went to town to see the buskers, which is the second largest in Canada. The children were enjoying it immensely.  There seems to be something for everyone, storytellers, jugglers, fire-eaters, magicians and the list goes on.


     When we left here, we walked to the Clock Tower Brew and Pub and had lunch. Felt good to get out of the heat for a bit as it was 32 Celsius, and I mentioned how I don’t sweat anymore. Some people may think this is great but your body can’t cool off so a person like me, someone with MSA, can over heat easily.


Had to go to docs today as I had a kidney infection. Another symptom of MSA, bladder problems.  We were going to Silver City to see Horrible Bosses and I  was not going to let a  kidney infection stop me.

     The next day, we drove to Wakefield.   This is a small village off of the Gatineau River. Their main industry is tourism, and that would be us. We stopped at the Hibou for lunch, the scenery is gorgeous.

     I recently bought a stepper. It counts the steps you take in a day. According to Wikipedia  The average person should get 10,000 today I got 19,406. My Hunny and I came up with a joke for this. Any amount over 10,000 we call the “A Factor”. I am afraid to stop as I may not start. As we know with MSA, eventually I will not be able to walk.  

     We have been walking every evening. Sometimes we walk to get Gelato, that makes us feel less guilty. I am going to be sore anyway, might as well have a reason.


     We had a great week of just us, laughing, talking, movies, coffees and lunches and nothing got in our way not even the MSA




2 comments:

  1. Brenda, It's amazing how you just keep truckin'! You are a terrific example to us all! Your blog keeps everyone more and more informed, not only about MSA but also about how we can all better deal with life when it deals us rough times. We continue to root for you ...and a "hi" to your Hunny, who is such a great support!
    From your friends in TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your story!

    ReplyDelete