Friday, January 20, 2012

Father's Day 2011

Hunny & Me

     It was hard to believe we were in the month of June already.  In the past, I would be enjoying getting up before work and going for a run. It was always so peaceful early in the morning with just my thoughts to entertain me.  Now a days, I have to be satisfied going for walks while using a walking stick and holding who ever was with me for support.      

I am still going to aqua fitness and the gym and walking but it is not without serious adjustment.  I know the safety belt I wear at aqua fitness works, this I found out the hard way...  While swimming, my legs  just stopped for no reason, I started sinking before I realized the belt was pushing me up. Walking is not as easy as it use to be either, when I am walking, I will start to go off balance and continue walking to the right over and over trying to regain balance. It is as if the body gets stuck, like a glitch in the program. This gets over whelming sometimes. I try not to think of it, but I am remined daily of something I cannot do anymore, that only one short year ago was possible.
But, I must dry my tears for my family and friends sake and focus on the good…like Father’s Day. 

    This is special day for my Hunny! It was his day and he got to choose what he wanted to do and how he wanted to celebrate it.  We got up had breakfast with a latte. We relaxed while reading the paper and then went to the gym.  After the gym, we went to have lunch at Scores and a coffee at Café Latte Cino, our famous stomping grounds.

 The kids were bringing dinner, Hunny requested pizza and we we played board games.  The kids arrived with a feast from Gabriel’s and a cake.  We ate, had lots of laughs, then opened presents and 
played games.


My kids are proud to call him their dad. He has been a great provider, and most importantly a great father to our children!


No comments:

Post a Comment