Thursday, December 15, 2011

Friday the 13th Wedding

Friday the 13th wedding?    

   This is an unlucky day for some people but not when your born on Friday the 13th. Then, it becomes a lucky day, and this the day my daughter will marry her fiancé. The first proof of this luck was the weather... high of 24!

    



     We found the gown at All That Glitters Bridal, North grower and it was pretty painless, not at all what I was expecting. We only went to one shop! We found the bracelet and earrings here as well. The bride found the necklace at a craft fair by a local artist. The birdcage veil was a little trickier to find, but, we managed. 

     My sis made all the bouquets and boutonnieres, which were gorgeous. The garter, she made from her own wedding dress. They were just beautiful!
      The something borrowed was the handkerchief another sister had given me on my wedding day 25 years ago, she herself had used this on her wedding day. What a nice surprise this was. It was all caught on camera by excellent photographer(some of the pictures are compliments ofLove Bunny Photography). We had a bus scheduled so people would not have to drive if they wanted to have a few drinks.

     The Bride’s parents had the important job of bringing the attire of the bride along with the flowers to the venue, Stanley's Olde Maple Lane Farm, and early, so as to beat the traffic and just to be there when the bride got there. What pressure! Once there, we helped with final touches to create with the Alice in Wonderland Theme.  The topper was added to the cake, (the cake was made at Abaco Cakes & Catering).

   



      The Bride-to-be arrived at the venue and hurried into the dressing room with the Bridesmaids. I could see the excitement and I had to keep my feelings in check as I know if I started to loose it, that would be the end of me. I started to do up her gown but realized this was a special moment for a young Bride and Bridesmaid’s so I slowly moved off to the side. She was just so happy that I wanted to relish this moment, like looking through a looking glass. The beautiful Bride in front of me was my baby girl, all grown up into this beautiful woman who was about to marry her soul mate.

    
     Downstairs the Father-of-the-Bride was outside walking around and practicing his speech. The Groom and the Best Man were acting relaxed and laughing. The Groom's parents and sister were showing their guests from Europe around.  I was happily surprised to see all the family and friends that were there from in and out of town. I was happy that they could all make it to share this happy occasion.

    It was time to get in position for this joyous occasion to take place. Everyone was seated. When we were seated, I ended up on a side by myself, which turned out to be a blessing. My nephew’s daughter came over with me and asked me all kinds of questions during the ceremony, which was a great distraction.                                   
                                                 
Here comes the Bride
Bridal Party

Valley of People
     So imagine, a long tree lined driveway that led to some old stone steps that looked down into a valley, which is exactly what my daughter arrived to. The Bride and her Dad arrived by a horse-drawn carriage. She got out and was led down these old stone steps to meet her future husband. At the bottom of these steps was a valley of people who came to share in this special day.
After the ceremony we got lots of pictures thanks to Love Bunny Photography
Groom's Family




Groom and his family
Father of Bride's Family
Bride and Grandmother
Mother of Bride's Family
The Sister's
Bride's Family
    
                 














    After pictures, we went to greet people inside.  This was the part I was going to find so hard, I had not seen some of these people in a few months and some a few years. I was just praying they did not ask me questions about my health, I was holding it together by a thread. Luckily, this went fine.

     Then, came time for the speeches... another difficult part.  My husband gave his speech, which to this day has left a big impression on my daughter and her husband. Were you ever able to cry silently? I was for once.  The tears were rolling but I was not sounding like the wounded animal that I am. The Best Man and Man of Honour also gave their speeches with provided tales of friendship and great laughter, which we could all use. After the speeches, were the dances, after the traditional dances, the Bride & Groom requested one for my true love and me. We waltzed to Kenny Rogers, "Through the Years, that rang so true right now. Additional photos.
The Bride & Dad

Groom and Mom
Mom and Dad of Bride
      


















Bride & Groom
Who says," Dreams don’t come true"?

1 comment: