Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fall Camp - Lighthouse Girls Visit


      


     
While at fall camp two of my dearest childhood friends came for a visit. I know they were so shocked to see the damage MSA has done so far, I know there is still so much to come. While growing up I was always the strong and tough one.  


      
 We spent so much time together when young.  We played,explores and laughed through childhood as we grew up together. Their late father was Low Point Lighthouse Keeper and their mom is an amazing dedicated wife and mother of four and most times me.  Their mom fixed many injuries, egos, and a great cook.. Their place was my home away from home. They took me on many family drives, circus events and so much more.

       Their dad took us up in this Lighthouse quite often, I remember nervously   climbing the three flights of stairs, passing the floating light on our way to the catwalk; we felt on top of the world here. This light floated in mercury, which would be changed once a month. This was before we knew how bad it is for our health, we often played with mercury and when they came to change this they would dump it in the ground I have often wondered if this was linked to the MSA?
  
        Our favorite memory is when their dad would mow the lawn and we would run around in our bare feet. Our feet would be all green and we went to beach to clean them. We had lots of laughs remembering the good ole days!


3 comments:

  1. fond memories sis , nothing can take away your cherished memories. Love bertha

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pics of the three of you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda,
    You took me up in the lighthouse with S&M when I was in grade 8. It was so cool!!!! I a T.O. Girl and I loved every bit of it cause it was unique, special. Thank you so much, I never forgot. Only lighthouse I have ever been in - in my life. And a VERY special place in my loge - inane ways.

    ReplyDelete