Friday, June 22, 2012

Ending The Year With A Wedding


      I arrived early in the afternoon so I had lots of time to visit family. The first sister I will be spending time with, I knew we would start crying. We just held each other and cried for all that is lost and is to be lost. We had a good cry and got it out of our systems. We would have three weeks!

    My sister’s husband was so good to me. He is the one who did all the meals, laundry and cleaning when I was there. Each morning, he made the toast and tea. I had a great visit with my nephews as well. We got to spend a lot of quality time together. Thanks for that!

     We have another wedding to get ready for, what a way to end the year and what a party. When this niece was small, I spent almost every weekend at their place. Every time her mother wanted her hair done, she would ask me to French Braid it. My niece had hair as thick as rope. She was like my little doll; I got to play dress-up with her.

      We were having a get together after rehearsal at the mother of the Bride’s. It was this niece’s Dad who had given me the handkerchief 26 years ago. My daughter used it in May; my other niece used it in August, now his daughter will have it on her wedding day, Full circle! My sister here in Ottawa also used a piece of her wedding dress to make the garter. In case it was not known it is now, that we have our own,"Cake Boss".  My sister-in-law made the beautiful cake.

      It was so good to see everyone again. Hard to believe a year has gone by already. One year ago I was coming to tell the family that I was diagnosed with MSA. Here we are one year later, me and Skye (my walker), and I know it will be my last trip anywhere by myself.
           
       Finally, the day had come! I was attempting to get ready, but I was having so much trouble getting my nylons on and getting dressed. Trying not to get cramps in my feet, or fall on the floor was challenging but I managed. I would not let MSA ruin this day for my niece. Everything was so pretty, and I wanted it to remain this way.

   
      The Bride & Groom looked gorgeous and so happy. The uncle of the bride walked her down the isle. Everyone was happy. To think so many loved ones to share this day with. The kids did such a great job at the church. You never know until that very moment how the kids will be. From the church we went to the hall. It was gorgeous, black and ivory are the theme this year for the bride’s. We sat and had dinner.

     The MC at one point asked if anyone had anything to say. My nephew who is only five said yes he did.  He got in front of mic and all those people and tried to explain that Sonic in his red shoes was faster than Mario, and how we were all wrong. I laughed so hard, as did everyone else.

     We finished dinner and had some time before the dance. When we came back for the dance, we picked a table that was behind a pillar on purpose. Because even though I wanted to be there, part of me wanted to hide. Which I managed, I did not want anyone to ask me about the MSA. This day and night were about the Bride & Groom!
Extra Photos 




You know what they say? "Out with the old and in with the new", --- the new me! Welcome 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment