Friday, February 17, 2012

Paying Forward

      When we first moved to Ottawa, a few years ago, I worked for a real estate company. Each year Cushman & Wakefield Ottawa would have a golf tournament in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. Another place I wanted to show my husband. 

      I was very new to the area so did not know many places, but the ironic part is all, the money raised over the years at these golf tournaments, which I think totalled over $500,000.00 dollar’s, was donated to Elisabeth Bruyere.  Now, eight years later I am calling them for service. 

    It seems the time has come that I am going to need their Helpline. I fall each day, about a big fall once a week, and now a couple of times a week. The worse was last week while crouched down I fell backwards and hit the tub. Thankfully, I was crouched, but I had all the grout lines where the tiles and I connected.  It looked liked a new tattoo for the movie, The Fifth Element, Wind. Did not know I was the first element! 

     Well while on the floor the phone was ringing but I could not get up. This of course was very upsetting! This week I already had two falls, so the time has come to take matters into my hands before something goes into my head, so I will get a Helpline, also some of the Mermaids have offered to have their names to have a list of people to phone if I need help getting up. Another symptom of MSA.


     So, back to where we left off... As promised in the middle of summer last year, I took my Hunny to  Mont Tremblant, Quebec. This is a small city nestled into the Laurentines, I wanted to show  him how beautiful it was. We have such gorgeous spots so close to home like this city which are only a drive away, 2 hours from Ottawa. This place is famous for skiing but it is beautiful anytime of year to me. 
There are four major golf courses, but I came to show Hunny the scenery. 

The original plan was to take the Gondola up the mountain to see the spectacular view and hike down, but my legs are not strong enough to do that. We cannot bike the routes that are all intertwined through the condos,which area available to rent.

 So we settled for shopping, and stopping and having lunch with a margarita, oh darn!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda: I look forward to your blog on Friday. I was diagnosed with MSA in April. I was first diagnosed with MS in 2007. I fell twice this week; I struggled to get up. My speech is getting worse; I notice that I cannot spell. Henk and I are realtors. We live in Vernonia, Oregon on a "gentlemen's 30 acre farm" (we don't raise anything except our garden) I am Jennifer Santoro's mother. My name is Nancy Schenk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, my heart goes out to you when reading about your falls because I remember how stressful that stage was for me. Please keep yourself safe friend. Love, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sis, first and foremost I love you.Helpline is a big step for you, I know as you are so independent,but all your family will feel so much better knowing you have so many people and the help line there if and when you need it.Keep up the fight and never, never give up. It's like a quote I read "you never know how strong you are until you need to be. Your sister Bertha

    ReplyDelete