Friday, October 21, 2011

Selling The House

     Now that Chistmas was  over it was time to think of the inevitable. I took down the Christmas decorations and had a major melt down. I know it will be the last time decorating this house.  This was the house we picked when we came with the military some 7 years ago.  We were only here six months when I asked Hunny if he wanted to reitre here. We had fallen in love with this city.  This was not only the longest we lived anywhere, we remodeled the whole house inside an out. We made it ours!

 

     There were just so many memories. It was very hard on my kids as well Especially my daugheter. Our son has been gone wth the miltary for the past 7 years but  came home on holidays and vacations. For our daughter the house was her home. She had lived here throughtout Seconary school, started unniversity, and brought all her friends here. Our daughter knew how tough it was for me to leave this house and the memories. She bought me a gorgeous plaque about a home. So sweet and thoughtful!




     Hunny heard me having my melt down and he came and took me in his arms and held me. I am so fortuante to have him, he knows he doesn't have to try to fix everything, and sometimes nothing can be said or done. So he justs holds me and lets me cry. Sometimes being strong doesn't mean not crying, it means wiping your tears and continuing on.



 We thought it best to get away from stairs so we decided to move into a condo. Everything was there that we needed. It is huge place, 1600 sq ft. There is a pool, sauna, common area, gym, entertainment room and there are three guest rooms that we can rent out if we have to. It has nine foot ceilings and windows all across the front and it is located in a great part of town. The reality is I have to think about my husband, would it really be fair to stay in the house when I know Hunny will have to do more for me as time goes by? It would not be fair, after a long day at work, to expect him to come home and take care of the house, gardening, shoveling and me. He would have no free time and no us time and this not an option. 

     Everything was happening so fast for me. We were selling the house buying a condo, moving and trying to deal with MSA. I just prayed that the house sold fast so I did not have to go through this for a long period. I felt as though I did not really belong anywhere. My whole life was turned upside down. I do not belong in the house as we decided to sell, I do not belong in the condo, yet, and I do not belong with my friends, as I am not quite the same person, and I do not belong with support groups as they are much older than me and already have fewer abilities than me, and I do not belong in the gym as I cannot and will never be able to perform like I was or get better. So, I needed to figure out where I belonged. Even though we were trying to be proactive it does not mean it is without feeling. 


     Since I was not working anymore I had noticed everyone leaves Orleans to go to work, and it is as if I was the last survivor of a nuclear explosion, that being said, we decided to move to Westboro.  Each window there is a different view and most importantly there is Living going on. On one side is the Ottawa River and the other there are lots of shops and cafes, although I was sad to leave my previous house, I realized it would be fun living here. 


The house sold in two days!!!
We decided a trip was in order!! Jamaica here we come

5 comments:

  1. My beautiful little sister your story is so moving ,you are a wonderful,strong woman,we all love you so very much, we will all share your journey step by step together through everything just as it has always been and how it will always be. kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda..... We have all left loving homes behind. Thank you for sharing your feelings about your house with us. What a great thing to move to a different place to make it easier for you and your hubby! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very brave and selfless step Brenda. I admire your positive and practical way of handling things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking time to read these blogs, your love and support goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, I get it and understand how difficult a struggle it is to undergo so much loss and change. As you know, I too have a Parkinsonism Plus disorder. Thanks for your sharing-- it helps!

    ReplyDelete